Friday, February 12, 2010

Saving for Trans-Atlantic Excursions

It's about time I spoke of this punishment I have decided to undergo.

Because of my planned trip to Canada in five months time, my cash-flow has been forced to come to a screeching halt, with some tragic financial sacrifices occurring as a result. Obviously, first and foremost is my well-publicised attempt to remain "On the Dry" throughout Semester Two, up until the Summer Ball where I will become royally and sensationally intoxicated beyond reason.

As well as this however, is my forced ban on the purchase of DVDs or DVD sets between now and the Summer. I toyed with this idea a little bit, before finally enforcing it upon myself, following a silly, misinformed impulse purchase of the films "Once" (which, to be fair, was totally worth €5) and "Star Trek" (which was absolutely not worth €12, even if I do love it with all of my heart. Should have waited and bought it on Blu-Ray).

Other restrictions include my not being allowed to buy more than one article of clothing per month, which has predictably become outrageously problematic, as I've already bought about four items this month, alone (including 2010's Shades, which are devilishly epic).

While I haven't enforced a strict rule against my purchase of coffee and various other snack-items, I am taking into account that a lot of my money loss is due to this bad habit, so I'm trying to just blot that out completely, as well; but I'm fairly confident that this is one spending habit that isn't going to go away no matter how hard I try.

On the bright side, I am going to continue spending €15 on comics, per month, which isn't going to cripple me, financially and may even help maintain my sanity. I have been forced to drop a few less than stellar titles from my pull-list, though (Superman: World of Krypton just hasn't been epic enough to keep me interested).

So all in all, it's going to be a tight semester.

1 comment:

  1. Did you consider using the ultimate Bitcoin exchange company - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete